MICROSOFT EXCEL –
Microsoft Office is an office suite of interrelated desktop application servers and services for Microsoft Windows. It is a horizontal market software that is used in a wide range of industries and workplaces by employees and professionals too. MS Office was introduced by Microsoft in 1989 for Macnitosh. After that many new versions were released .Microsoft Office for windows 1.0 started in October 1990 with three applications –MS word, MS power point and MS excel .
MS excel is an electronic spreadsheet .It is a tool for numeric and statistical calculation, evaluation, analysis and it also offers capabilities for creating charts ,reports and presentations to communicate what analysis reveals .It is used by people to perform quick operations such as numeric calculations ,store and analyse data periodically ,for preparing financial statements and tax worksheet .A program that works like a calculator for keeping track of money and making budgets .It is a utility software package basically used for payroll ,accounts ,business and calculative purposes. It is also available for download in Android and iOS as application called ‘OFFICE SUITE ‘.
MS Excel is a logical worksheet consisting of cells organized into rows and columns .A cell is the intersection of a row and a column ,in which we can enter a single piece of data. The data is usually text ,a numeric value or a formula .The entire spreadsheet is composed of rows and columns of cells .Each row and column creates a unique cell ,which refers to cell address or cell reference. Cell address is a unique coordinate system used to identify a specific cell. Cell address contains first column then row’s reference identified by a column letter and row number of a cell such as C4 or D8.
FEATURES OF MS excel –
• You can insert charts , graphs and tables to represent your data simply and in pictorial form.
• You can add as many rows and columns in your table as you want .
• Add images and cliparts and audio and video files can also be inserted to your spreadsheet .
• You can link your one file to another by its Hyperlink function .
• You can do multiple mathematical functions in excel spreadsheet such as addition ,subtraction, multiply ,divide etc .
• You can incorporate images and backgrounds into each sheet .
• You can also record events for future use .
• You can add databases from other sources .
• You can adjust page layout such as themes ,colours ,margins , sheets ,breaks ,headings ,views ,height and width of a page ,front and back alignment ,grids and innumerous features .
• You can also do grouping to group and ungroup your data .
• Create formulas in any cell according to our work .
• Add borders and shading to a cell
• Conditional formatting to visuaise data using icon sets, colour ,scales or data bars .
• Sorting and filtering your data to save your time
To open MS Excel
–Double click on ms excel icon on your device screen –
Click start >Program >MSOFFICE >MS Excel .
This can make your work very easy and speeds up your calculations and presentations .